Are you a digital nomad looking for work? We’ve aggregated some of the most recent remote work jobs that are suitable for digital nomads below. Take a look and click through to see more details of each job on the excellent site, RemoteOk.
Senior Full Stack Developer (St. Gallen, Switzerland)
Expand full job details
Your New Company
At Frontify, our mission is simple. We create the best and most user-friendly brand management platform - a platform that enables anyone to deliver compelling and consistent brand experiences. Today, Frontify is empowering thousands of different-sized companies around the world, including Facebook, Lufthansa, Vodafone, and Allianz.
Frontify is a scaleup company with over 160 employees, headquartered in St. Gallen, Switzerland and a growing team in the USA. Frontify is built on a collaborative culture of experimentation, trust, and transparency. We believe in being happy and fulfilled at work, and let our personalities shine through everything we do. Does this sound like the place for you? Then read on.
Your new team is a group of motivated, collaborative and innovative people. They are designers, product managers and developers from more than seven different countries. They enjoy working together to create and evolve a well-loved product but always keep room for new ideas and approaches. Aside from work, some of them are parents, gamers, bookworms, adrenaline junkies, and so much more!
You’ll join our mission to make Frontify a place for all brands to thrive. You’ll take our brand management platform to new heights by building and enhancing the platform used by Lufthansa, Facebook, and many more.
Do you want to have a visible impact on a fast-growing platform? Come start a brand new journey with our dynamic, interdisciplinary team.
- You have – at one point in your life – heard about Nginx webservers, MySQL databases, and Linux (CentOS/RedHat).
- You love to write clean, structured, and well-tested code.
- When faced with limits and ambiguity, you become more – not less – creative.
- You care about performance.
- Your friends would describe you as driven, motivated, and honest.
- You speak English.
- Remote is a possibility for this position if: You’re experienced in working remotely and located in Europe for time zone reasons.
Frontify is a very dynamic company where things change quickly and opportunities arise often, providing a lot of space for personal development. We’re a community, one that’ll support you while you strike out on your Frontify journey and make this role your own. Our office is pretty great – we can't wait to show you somewhere down the line – but more important is our culture of freedom, trust, learning, advancement, and happiness. Our word only counts for so much, though. See what we have to offer for yourself – start the conversation.
- Send us your resume and answer a few questions so we can understand your interest and experience.
- First call with Employee Success (our fancy name for HR).
- Half a day (currently still virtual) including a (virtual) house tour so you can experience our culture.
- If things go well, you will be part of our journey soon.
Expand full job details
[â click to see all jobs](https://www.notion.so/Open-Jobs-at-Ampcontrol-io-e2879a73ba344daea679556a7391fcaf)## ðAbout [Ampcontrol](https://www.ampcontrol.io/)We're Ampcontrol, building AI-powered software for electric vehicle (EV) charging.We are a venture backed remote team of engineers and energy experts based in Europe and the U.S building the new way of EV charging. Our primary goals are to enable companies to provide higher capacity charging on existing infrastructure as well as optimization of fleet charging logistics.([link to website](https://www.ampcontrol.io/))## ð Our MissionWe're on a mission to help the automotive industry transition to 100% electric vehicles.We believe in a future of self-managing, reliable, and affordable charging for companies, fleet operators, and humans on our planet.## ð» The Role- You'll be building and improving our python backend system, including the core optimization system and our customer facing APIs- Develop our Python3/FastAPI service further, with an eye on performance and scalability- Work with data scientists to build a stable and powerful architecture for ML-applications for real-time optimization- Build, maintain, migrate databases and accommodate time-series data- Write clean and easily maintainable code for our optimization engine with a focus on reliability and scalability## â You have- Professional experience in python software development- Experience in at least one cloud computing platform- A good understanding of DevOps tools and methods, including end-to-end testing- Fluency in English for verbal and written communication is required- Motivation to work on electric vehicles and sustainability- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis preferred## ð Location**We're a remote team.** You can work from America, United States, Canada, Europe.
Back End Senior Software Engineer (Springfield, VA)
Expand full job details
Please Note: Position is Fully Remote.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for solving new and interesting problems. We welcome what you bring: new ideas and fresh perspectives that can help grow our team and our platform-both internally and with our customers. Your contributions and expertise will be extremely important to the success of the team through your technical work, experience, and leadership.
What We Are Looking For
Job Title: Back End Senior Software Development Engineer
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Positions Summary: SRT is seeking several mid-career and senior developers to work remotely with a dispersed team. We are focused on finding experts in back-end development.
Specific Responsibilities (Back-end Focus):
- Good understanding of database, data structures, and algorithms is required.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is beneficial but not essential.
General Responsibilities (Everyone):
- Ensure a continuing affirmative application of SRT policies concerning diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop scalable services across multiple data regions.
- Contribute to the technical development of software as required for product deployment.
- Collaboratively define, architect, and execute the plans required for product deployment.
- Assume end-to-end ownership of new features, including technical specifications, writing readable and extensible code, and following software best practices that allow expeditious deployment.
- Build observable systems that track important metrics for client use and future product development.
- Mentor engineers with empathy, help to build best practices alongside providing valuable code and design reviews.
- Applied knowledge of DevOps tools such as Docker and Kubernetes and non-relational databases is an added advantage.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Attend to the organization's mission by conducting other assigned tasks.
Expected Background or Work Experience:
- 5+ years experience in web application development in front-end, back-end, full-stack, and/or software testing technologies.
- Work with both co-located and remote engineers, as well as other partners.
- A significant capacity in conducting code reviews, writing tech specifications, and collaborating closely with others.
- A deep understanding of Clean Code and Clean Architecture.
Work Eligibility: Candidate must be a US Citizen so that they are eligible to support work on government contracts associated with the U.S. Department of Defense.
Why You Want to Work with SRT
Service Robotics & Technologies affirms a transformative commitment to innovative policy, working diligently to create fertile grounds for equal opportunity for all its employees. Racism and intolerance will not be afforded any allowance. SRT expressly forbids any act of discrimination or harassment in any aspect of its business operations, pursuing every avenue in ensuring an inclusive, amicable, and positive work environment, both by its ethical obligations and as required by law.
What We Offer Our Employees: SRT is an innovative tech start-up with developing partnerships. Our team members are brought in to help shape strategy, culture, and process. As a small (but rapidly growing!) company, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in adjacent fields and have a direct line to work with company leadership. SRT leadership is committed to creating an environment where each person's contributions have a pathway forward, their work feels meaningful, appreciated, and seen. SRT offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Scheduling
- Flexible Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Physical/Environmental Conditions: This position is entirely remote. We have offices in the Washington, D.C., Provo, UT, and Seattle, WA areas which could allow for in-person team meetings and collaboration.
Candidates or current employees cannot be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, personal appearance, one's right to reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, one's right to breastfeed or express milk, childbirth and its related medical conditions, affectional or sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran or military status, matriculation, disability, marital or familial status, and familial responsibilities. Any retaliatory act in any business operation is furthermore prohibited.
Senior Web Application Developer (Bingham Farms, MI)
Expand full job details
This is a full remote position within the United States with the option for working out of our office in Southfield, MI if preferred.
Here at the Cultural Intelligence Center, our mission is to change the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement by using research-based learning and development solutions. Headquartered in Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators, software developers, and researchers providing state of the art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
We serve customers around the world from our two Michigan offices (Southfield and Grand Rapids) and offer an array of training and e-Learning products through our web portal.
CQC is a growing company and we are seeking an exceptional Sr Web Application Developer for our team.
The Sr Web Application Developer is a critical role, playing a large part in architecting and executing our software development projects. The developer cares deeply about developing technology and successfully combines the following skills to work effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team:
- Deep knowledge of web application architecture and development
- Proven experience planning, architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining complex agnostic, extensible web application software with the expectation of future iterations
- An extraordinary knack for understanding and translating business requirements to technical specifications
The Sr Web Application Developer reports to the IT & Software Development Manager and joins a team of other software developers and analysts.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- 5+ years developing websites and web applications, both front end and back end
- 3+ years developing with Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years’ experience working with PostgreSQL, SQL, or MySQL
- Experience managing and optimizing Heroku environments
- Experience working with Amazon S3 storage
- Experience working in an Agile environment
The developer will spend 20% of their time focused on planning and architecture activities, 80% of their time focused on development activities.
Web Application Development
- Writing production-ready code in Ruby/Ruby on Rails, React, HTML/CSS
- Code versioning using Git/Github
- Managing/providing insight into our Heroku platform
- Reviewing code written by other team members and external partners
- Participating in and taking the lead on architecture planning for individual applications
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of how our technology facilitates our business and directly relates to our growth
- Participating in the generation of and providing feedback on visual and functional software requirements and designs
- Using Jira/Confluence to write and refine user stories, estimate work in hours/story points, create documentation, and for managing your assigned tasks
- Providing a unique view to the work that we do and the environment that we cultivate- you will be a vital piece of the organization not just in terms of the work that you produce but the relationships that you build and your personal approach to your job, your work, and the world around you. You matter as a human being.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and debugging web applications at scale in a professional environment
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Professional business acumen
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to balance multiple workstreams simultaneously and effectively prioritize work
- A lifelong desire to learn and dedication to personal and professional development
Nice to Have Experience with the following
- Managing people and teams
- GDPR compliance
- Accessibility (Section 508 compliance)
- Working in the Education sector
Technologies You Would Work With
- Ruby on Rails
- Bootstap for React
- Amazon S3
- Full-time, salaried position from $95,00 - $108,000 based on experience
- Up to 20 days paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid company holidays
- Parental Leave up to 4 weeks paid (primary, 2 weeks secondary) with an additional 4 weeks (primary, 2 weeks secondary) unpaid
- Competitive Health/Dental/Vision/Disability insurance
- HSA Options
- After 6 month waiting period 401k with up to 3% match, 100% vested
- Professional development budget
- $3000 workstation budget
- Unlimited access to all our Cultural Intelligence training offerings
- Assessments, digital learning, workshops, certifications
- Full remote or based in Southfield, MI if preferred
Ruby on Rails Developer
Expand full job details
Senior Software Engineer Americas
Expand full job details
Senior Software Engineer (New York, NY)
Expand full job details
Our team is looking for a senior or principle backend software engineer to join our core product team as an individual contributor and help build & scale Rho’s commercial banking technology. We require a team member who can be a key contributor to our technical vision and engineering culture. We expect you to utilize your best-in-class knowledge and talent to help us build a great product on stable and scalable infrastructure.
Senior Front End Developer
Expand full job details
DescriptionDo you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Drops could be the place for you.About us:Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning. Our app has been live on the App Store for 4 years, covering 42 languages, serving over 27 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has also been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many, many more. In short, weâre a tiny but very powerful team spread (mostly) across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! In December 2020, Drops was acquired by Kahoot!, the worldâs leading game-based learning platformCheck us out here: https://languagedrops.comAbout you:Youâre a no-nonsense person, comfortable taking on a variety of projects who has been working within product companies and has extensive front-end development experience.Youâve spent years working with React and have experience in React Native with a deep understanding of the internal workings be it working within the browser or a mobile client. You enjoy the challenge of growing a product from an (already) large user base to a larger one with tens of millions of MAU with all the complexities it comes with.You are an advocate for static typing and prefer to use a minimal set of simple tools over a diverse range of complex ones.You believe variety is the spice of life - In this role, youâll be developing a complex app deployable to web and app stores, a static site generator, building internal automation infrastructure/tooling and contributing to our internal CMS. You could also be working on our fully serverless architecture on the backend if you feel comfortable doing so.Drops is a deliberately small, but super effective team. Youâre naturally drawn to the fate of the products & driven to grow as an engineer rather than to manage people.The role:Youâll be a core part of the development team, working on both our main (Drops) and auxiliary products (Droplets, Visual Dictionary, Internal CMS tooling). Drops values clear, honest communication and transparency. Itâs the linchpin of our culture, success and freedom. Youâll be involved in both high and low level decision making and are available during European working hours (10AM - 6PM CET). Remember, weâre looking for a missionary here rather than a mercenary.You will:Work cross functionally with our lead designer / data analyst / engineers / project owner to define, scope, estimate and plan various aspects of the product.Work independently (and with other engineers!) to develop new web experiencesSupport of production applications / sites that youâve built or helped to buildCommunicate effectively and often to ensure that everyone is alignedWhatâd be different here:Weâre a small team. Weâre optimising for impact, not for headcount. Youâll be carefully considering any tradeoff that would lead to increased complexityWeâre using a single programming language - TypeScript. We have strict linter rules Every pull request needs to be approved before it lands in master. We use the rebase workflow and we release a few times a weekWeâre using React + Redux to develop UI, on both mobile and the web. We use selectors extensively. Our backend is on AWS, deployed multi-region to Lambda and using RDS for our DBWe are BIG on AB testing. We focus on releasing high impact projects and minimise noiseWeâre doing things in a functional way, concentrating state, minimising side effects and making dependencies explicit. Weâre sharing 98%+ of the code between Android, iOS and WebWe automate where it has positive ROIOur biggest challenge is (and will remain) managing the complexity of sharing a lot of code between different appsRequirementsYou have:At least 5 years of experience in software (product) developmentAt least 2 years of experience in building apps with React or React Native with state management tools (redux, flux, etc)Experience architecting and developing complex web or mobile apps and static sitesSome experience in understanding basic user funnels, and collaborating with support to resolve user-facing issuesProject management experience (everyone manages projects at Drops)Strong verbal and written communication skillsThe ability to work well cross-functionallyExperienced in strongly typed languagesBenefitsð All the perks of remote workingð¥ An awesomely compact 20 person teamð§ Yearly educational allowanceðª Fitness allowanceð» High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessoriesð 36 days of holiday per yearâï¸ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations)
Senior Staff Software Engineer
Expand full job details
Sr Software Engineer
Expand full job details
Sr Software Engineer (Remote)
Be part of a fast moving, lean product development team working on the continued development of the Lone Wolf family of applications. Deliver reliable, scalable new features using .NET Framework, .NET Core, AngularJs, TypeScript, Microsoft SQL and other modern technologies. Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams to design and deliver finished, high-quality, and compelling features and products on time and on budget.
THIS MAY BE YOUR DREAM JOB IF…
- You take pride in your reputation for designing simple, elegant solutions to address various needs.
- You consider yourself to be a fast learner; you are driven to improve your knowledge of software architecture and to keep up with new technologies and best practices.
- You enjoy challenging yourself to meet goals at a sustainable pace.
- Your friends and colleagues describe you as engaging, a strong communicator who is eager to bring teammates together to figure things out.
- You strive for high-quality, rapid output through the use of Agile software development best practices and want to work alongside like-minded teammates.
- You are self-motivated and want to work in a small team, yet you are comfortable partnering with other departments, stakeholders, and customers on software development, improvements, internal tools, and implementation issues.
Skills & Requirements
- 5-8 years of .NET development experience
Completion of a post-secondary program in Computer Science or a related discipline
Expertise with the .NET Framework, .NET Core, AngularJs, TypeScript and OOP design patterns and (distributed) version control (such as Subversion or git)
Background in high-growth Agile SaaS-based engineering organizations
Thorough understanding of the DRY, SOLID and KISS principles of software development and understanding of basic project management principles
Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure is a plus
AS SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL BE ASKED TO:
- Collaborate with a team of full stack developers to design, develop, test, and support new features.
- Identify technical requirements and participate in peer reviews of solution design and related code.
- Proactively learn product frameworks and code base; continually improve upon existing applications and learn new technologies.
- Justify decisions made within the code being delivered and take ownership of any output.
- Participate in performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation; support, maintain, and help document software functionality.
- Maintain coding, compliance, and security standards.
- Provide maintenance and on-going support of past and future technical solutions.